Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Untitled Samurai...

Yesterday I finally finished a piece that took much longer than expected. I had first worked on it in September (or was it even August) and then I got stuck. This is the largest piece that I've ever tried (40"x30") at that point which may have had an impact. When I stopped working on it, it looked like the photo on the left. Then nothing happened for months and I just stared at it on my living room wall every day. I had a few ideas but nothing really concrete. About a week ago I decided to go with gray and blue. I didn't think "sky" but gray with some blue shining out of it. Well, it turned into a sky. But I quite like the result. What do you folks think? (oh, yes, the first photo was actually a bit before I stopped working on the piece -- the green lines were not on there yet)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home