Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes, I am alive!

Greetings after a long time.

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Indeed I haven't logged in a long time. And more than that, I have actually not done any serious art in even more time. One day I might blog about all of that. For now let's just say that I am taking is very easy for a while. I do a little bit of art but not much. Every now and then I might post a few lines or a new piece but don't expect regular updates every week or so for the time being.



That said, there are actually 2 new pieces I want to share today. One of them is one of the sandy / household-paint pieces I did recently. I include two versions of the piece, one of them taken right after painting it, the other 2 weeks later when it was relatively dry already. It shows well how much these pieces change in the process, in particularly when the paint wrinkles.


The other piece is actually not completed yet but I quite like it. It's (currently) a 2 color linocut and I am planning to add two more colors to it. It will be a 2 plate elimination print when it is completed. I really like the piece as it is now already, though, so here is a photo for this current state.

This print is done on recycled paper (the last pieces of that particular paper I had, sadly). There is also a version of the same print done in black. It also looks very nice but just doesn't photograph well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

The painting seems to get shinier when it dries. Looks joyful, colourful, as if it was born out of an uninhibited creative mood. cheers Karin

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home