Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another grid exercise piece

I started working on a few more of these grid exercise pieces on my own, because I think this is a really good and interesting exercise for learning to control light and focus in a piece. And I do like purely abstract pieces to start with. So here we go, another one done just in raw umber and white, with a little bit of black to finish it off. This one is a bit larger than the first one (20" x 16"). On this piece I also used a few diagonal lines. It's interesting how much this instantly converts the abstract composition into something that looks like an architectural space. I mean, the other one gives that feeling too, but this one does it much more. And I think it's the diagonals that do it, because it looks like scaffolding.

I also started a much larger one on canvas, sized 30" x 40". I'm also planning to do one using the three primaries in that larger format.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home