Friday, February 24, 2006

My secret garden...?

Today I reorganized my pretty chaotic collection of recent prints. I put barrier paper between all the prints, I destroyed experimental proofs that really should have been tossed right away and I made information sheets for the major prints I did last year. Work that I had postponed for - well - forever ;)

In that process I also dug up a print I worked on several months ago. I always considered it unfinished because I felt this just needed a third plate printed over it. But I never could quite figure out what that plate would be. One of the ideas was to print a black fence over it, either chain link or boards and there would be just a small gap through which you could see the "garden". I stared at it for a while today and then I decided: "Nope, this thing is simply done" and I signed and numbered the prints, ripped up all the bad tests and proofs, made an info sheet and there we go. As the print was hidden in my flat-file for such a long time I should maybe call it "my secret garden", but in the end I just called it "Garden".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home