Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More glass!

And another posting about glass! I completed my 4 week glass class and added another session for practice. And it was well needed - it's really ALL about practice in glass working, I can see that already. Of course, the pieces I can create after only 20+ hours of training cannot be called glass "art", but I'm still proud of them. And - I finally made something that's actually useful: a little vase (about 5" tall, that's approximately 12 cm). It even looks decent. I also created an ornament (the other photo) which is really a bubble and a hook. Those hooks are much harder to make and attach than one might think... So there we go.

But the big news of the day is that I just found out that I will have the opportunity to show paintings in downtown San Jose in October. The location will be
Cafe Pomegranate on E. San Fernando street. I am not 100% sure yet what the show will focus on, but there is a good chance that I will show paintings on burlap again (hopefully also a few newer ones).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home