Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A stony landscape print

Ok, it's a corny pun related to "Lithography". Sorry, couldn't resist.

I didn't post too much about lithography lately. The reason was that I didn't achieve much in the past few weeks. We started with color lithography, which is much more work. Therefore it takes a lot longer to finish a piece. Then I had my work issues, which also held me up. But I'm at a point where I suddenly have 3 prints either completed or almost completed. The first of them is a single color print that was just printed using non-black (blue in this case). I'm planning to also print it in another color, possibly in white on black paper. Maybe even tomorrow already.

I also have a new piece for my "different spin" series ready for printing. That piece is ready for printing for at least 3 weeks, actually, but as multi-color printing is tricky I decided to print that one (probably a 3 or even 4 color print) after I have successfully tacked at least one 2-color print.

The print shown here is inspired by a photo of an area near the Dolomites in norther Italy, by the way. It's printed in blue on gray and tan paper. I show both colors here for comparison and I also show the plate. Although this print came out pretty good there is still some detail lost in the process and by comparing the plate and the prints this is quite visible. It just shows that there is still much to learn in lithography (no wonder - it takes years to become really good in that technique...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home