Sunday, May 06, 2007

A few monotype(d) cards

Yikes, it's almost mother's day and I don't have a nice greeting card!!! What to do? Obviously it's time for a monotype session :) Here are a few of the results. Now I just hope mom won't check my blog in the next week because that might spoil the surprise. (Luckily, I know she doesn't typically check it but waits for me to send her selected loot by email)...

Normally I use oil based inks / paints for my monotypes, but this time I used water based ink (Schmincke Linocut color which is excellent but, as far as I know, not available in the US). Most of these were done on Rives BFK paper, but a few were printed on a hand-made recycling paper with gorgeous texture that I stained with black tea to give it a warmer color.


2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Hey, I like your monotypes!
I am sorry I am not a mother :-)
Where did you get the water based ink?

4:28 AM  
Blogger Andreas said...

Thanks! Well, sometimes cool cards make their way even to non-mom's I've heard :)

I got the ink in Vienna. It's called Schmincke Linoldruckfarbe. There is a water-based type of ink that is very popular for monotypes in the US, called Createx Monotype colors. I have not used that one myself yet, but I hear it's pretty good too.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home