Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Finally some space for drying paintings

Before I lose access to the woodworking shop at school I wanted build something I was dying to have for quite a while: a better way to store paintings that are drying. Especially when you do small scale experiments you quickly run out of shelf / table / floor space for these pieces. The solution is a drying rack. So after several hours fretting around with table saws, drill presses (for hand holes to move the thing - not visible in the photo), dado blades on the table saw and and and I ended up with this thing. Of course I had several goofups (notice the vertical dado cuts on the left, for instance? *blush*) But looks good enough and it works, and that's the most important aspect of it. And it's even built so you can take it apart fairly easily again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lark said...

I'ts beeeeooooootiful!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home