Sunday, July 29, 2007

Experiments / Update

On my last post I mentioned my experiments with house-paint and from an earlier post it's obvious that I"m interested in the wrinkle effect. Here is an update about how these pieces developed / evolved over time. The photos I posted last were taken right after I had painted the pieces so the paint was nice and smooth. But did it develop wrinkles?

Indeed it did. Here is a comparison, side by side of the state right after painting and of the state about a week later. I'm also happy to report that the piece is pretty much dry, which I can never claim of my other oil pieces after a week. That's pretty amazing. Of course it IS house paint (lower pigment load, lower end pigments, it has no body, it stinks to high heaven and and and) but I can see myself working more with that kind of paint in the future - especially for large pieces where I really want to "fling paint".

Here are the two main pieces I did back then in full in their current state.
Yes, one of them is indeed very long and skinny. That one is done on a scrap piece of board, the other one is on canvas. I did mention that those are experimental pieces, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home