Monday, September 18, 2006

Just a few postcards...

Just because I have not posted many updates lately, doesn't mean I was entirely idle. Actually I was working on a number of new pieces over the past 2 months, but some of them are done in a relatively time consuming technique, using a large number of glazes. The results are very interesting (dare I say pretty?) but it just takes a while if you work in oils (each layer has to dry properly before you do the next and if you don't work on them every week, well, time adds up). I'll post an update on those some time soon.

I also painted several pieces in acrylic (for a change) on very coarse fabric. Some of these are on burlap, others on even coarser material. I am using coffee bags as support and I don't always know what material they really are. I have a hunch that some of these bags are made out of sisal. At least three of these pieces will be in my upcoming show at Cafe Pomegranate and I will post an update on them in the blog as well.

As I mentioned before, I occasionally do small prints as exercises... They are post-card sized and I actually have sent some of them as greetings to friends. I intend to continue doing that whenever the fancy strikes me. Typically I make just a few copies of each (like 5-10 or so) and they are often done in different colors. They are fun. :) Let me know what you think of that idea, and your feedback will hopefully encourage me to make more of them...

This one shows a view in Santa Cruz on West Cliff Drive (I love that part of Santa Cruz!). Of course the view is actually the other way round, I was just too lazy to mirror the design before cutting it into the plate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home