Thursday, October 05, 2006

Some really good news :)

Today I have some quite unexpected good news: about 1.5 years ago I participated in a print exchange with the Florida Printmakers. For that exchange I made a print in an edition of 15. The idea of the exchange is that you send the 15 prints there and get 15 other prints back - randomly selected from the other submissions. Now, usually, you'd keep an artist proof of the print or at least a photo for yourself, right? Well, unfortunately I messed up a few of the prints in the edition and there was no good print left for me and I had to send out the whole edition, literally.

Once the stuff was in the mail, I wanted to put a photo of the print on my web site and discovered to my horror - that I somehow didn't have a photo of the last stage of the print any more. Somehow, I must have deleted the wrong photo when cleaning up or I renamed files so I overwrote the last version or some other stupid mistake. After searching and searching through my "studio" I eventually admitted defeat - the print was simply gone. And that is the reason why on my web site, you can see the print "Geborgenheit II" in just two gray tones, whereas the print in the print exchange was a three color (gray) print (+ a 4th color from the paper)

But here is the good news: today I cleaned out my email folder and moved a lot of old email into an archive. While doing that I got rid of a lot of older email with large attachments. Not without checking the attachments first, of course. And guess what I found: there was one email to a friend that contained a smaller version of the last stage of "Geborgenheit II". And with that said: I present to you, finally, 1.5 years late, the final stage of Geborgenheit II as it was sent to the print exchange. Ta taaaaa!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andreas said...

I feel almost embarrassed to write this now, but I have even more good news related to this print... I actually found a physical copy of the print. Apparently I had one artist proof of the print stored in a "very safe location" (meaning, I would never find it again). So that piece finally resurfaced and now I officially have one copy of this print. I'm really happy about that too!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home