Sunday, July 29, 2007

Walk on the wild side...

In the past few days I began combining some of the recent experiments and I also loosened up a lot. Partly this means that I will possibly have to kiss the deposit for my apartment good-bye. My apartment also acts as studio and - well - if you have carpeting and prefer not to live in a total mess, you have to hold back a little bit in your painting style... no flinging paint at the canvas from 10 feet away, for instance (except if you moved the stereo and TV to the "safe corner of the room" first). I'm only half kidding ;)

Well, let's just say that the recent experiments, with more liquid paint, mixing weird stuff into my work (saw dust, wood shavings, sand, loose pigment, dripping housepoint all over the stuff etc etc) are not exactly methods that guarantee a nice clean carpet afterwards... And they definitely make the apartment smell bad (house point stinks!!)

So here we go. Two new pieces. I thought the first one was a bit on the wild side... till I painted the second one. The first piece is regular oils on canvas (tons of paint with a lot of stand oil and linseed oil dripped on, mixed in etc etc.)

But the second piece is on heavy burlap. It started out with regular oils, then I slapped paper collages on it, then mixed in sand, wood shavings, coffee grounds, saw dust. When it still looked to tame, I dragged it out on the balcony, took three large cups, mixed house paint with sand and saw dust and stand oil and just whatever I could get my hands on and - well - layered it on. Then I poured and drizzled house paint on the whole thing from a distance. I felt almost like an "Aktionskuenstler" ;)

The think the resulting pieces is actually quite interesting. It definitely shows that I had a bit of tension and aggression in me that I had to get out...? What do you think? So we'll see how this will look when it's dry. Right now it's still dripping all over the carpet.

1 Comments:

Blogger aquamariel said...

Hmm, I wonder if your landlord reads your blog?! I see many tarps in your future...

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home