Sunday, March 26, 2006

About my "colors" series



A few days ago I wrote about the piece that is on show in the annual member's show at WorksSanJose right now. That post is here. "RedYellow#2" is actually a piece from a whole series of works where I am trying to limit myself to one or two colors. The series started out with several square paintings, each of which focused on just one color (blue, yellow, red). These three paintings can be seen on my art site. Later I decided I to focus on the combination of RedYellow, because you can achieve such spectacular effects with glazing these two colors, as "RedYellow#2" clearly shows.



Here I'd like to show some of the other pieces in this series. Most of these are acrylic on canvas, but I also made 2 pieces in oil on canvas (the first two in this post) and and a few experiments with acrylics on inexpensive boards. My favorites in the series, so far, are "RedYellow#2" (the one in the show at Works) and "RedYellow#4" (shown at the top of this page).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home