Sunday, March 19, 2006

"Flux" - WorksSanJose annual member's exhibition

Just for a change, a little bit of advertising...

On March 31st, 7-9 pm (PST) is the opening for the WorksSanJose annual member's exhibition where I will participate. More info is on the WorksSanJose web site. The show will run March 28 - April 22. WorksSanJose is on 30 North 3rd Str in downtown San Jose.

I contributed a painting, acrylic on canvas. It's called "Red-Yellow #2" which is maybe not the most innovative name I ever came up with but it describes the piece pretty well. This piece is from a series of experiments where I limit myself to just 2 colors (red and yellow in most cases). They are abstract pieces where I experiment with color and composition. This particular piece uses fluid acrylics and I wanted (and I think achieved) an effect where the painting appears to glow from the inside. It's done by applying many layers of thin glazing. I think the piece came out quite well. If you live in the area, I hope you can come see the exhibition. There is lots of pretty cool stuff there :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home