Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Los Gatos Art Association Juried Show

I have very good news today. I submitted two monotypes to the Los Gatos Art Association Juried Member show and one of the two got accepted :) This is the first time I got a piece into a juried show and I'm just really thrilled by that! And the funny thing is that I really liked the other piece (the one that wasn't accepted) better -- I almost didn't submit the one that got picked, eventually! I guess that's how that goes. The funny thing is that several people told me in the meantime that they like the selected piece better. So something is obviously wrong with my taste in monotypes...

Be that as it may, I now have another show to look forward to. It starts later this week and the reception is this coming Sunday. Below are all the details. I hope you can make it and check out the monotype in person.

Just as comparison, the second image on this entry is the other submission, the one that didn't get selected. Let me know what you think. Am I just plain blind that I don't see that the selected piece is obviously the better one, or do I have some other hidden hangups that make me prefer that one?

Here are the details for the show:
Juror: Dr. Arthur Stein, SJSU
Dates: October 19 - November 11, 2006
Location: Los Gatos Art Museum - 4 Tait Avenue at W. Main St., Los Gatos, CA 95030
Hours: Wednesday-Sunday, Noon-4pm
Reception: Sunday October 22, 1pm - 4pm
[map] [museum web site]

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I find the selected print more artful than the other one. I think it is more unusual, one can lose oneself in the picture, just contemplating it. So, I go with the jury.
But I also support the argument about free naked pictures of women....KKarin

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home